Glass Slide Treatment
Print surfaces in bioprinting can have a large impact on final results . This glass slide treatment can be used for printing with GelMA or PEGDA to keep structures adhered to a specific surface, allowing for improved maneuvering and control over printed structures.
You Will Need:
- Glass slides (such as these)
- Deionized water
(Trimethoxysilyl) propyl methacrylate (TMSPMA)
- Hot plate
- First, sonicate glass slides for 5 minutes in ethanol.
- Replace with new ethanol solution and sonicate again for another 5 minutes.
- Sonicate glass slides in deionized water.
- Under a chemical hood, prepare a solution of 5% TMSPMA (v/v) in toluene.
- Soak slides in prepared solution overnight at 60°C.
- Remove slides from TMSPMA solution and wash with two ethanol rinses and two deionized water rinses.
- Sterilize slides in ethanol before use with cells.